Aktuelle og historiske
religiøse amerikanske organisationer og kirkelige
Current and historical American religious organizations and
Actuelles et historiques américaine des organisations
religieuses et des mouvements religieux.
Actuales e históricos de las organizaciones
estadounidenses religiosas y los movimientos religiosos
A | B | C | D | E
| F | G | H | I | J
| K | L | M | N | O
| P | Q | R | S | T
| U | V | W | X | Y
- A Quaker Action Group, Philadelphia, 1966-1973. To "apply
nonviolent direct action as a witness against the war in Vietnam".
Founding member Lawrence Scott was a Quaker and radical pacifist
who had worked for the American Friends Service Committee in the
1950s, but resigned in protest at what he saw as the AFSC's
preference for words over action. AQAG, which was based in the
peace committees of the Religious Society of Friends' New York and
Philadelphia Yearly meetings, aimed to renew the Society of Friends
commitment to its historic peace testimony. AQAG was transformed
into the Movement for a New Society, with its affiliated Life
Center Association. Arkiv: A Quaker Action Group Records, 1965-1973
Collection: DG 074. Swarthmore College Peace Collection Minutes;
correspondence (1965-1971); memoranda; financial records; subject
files concerning organizations including Beheiren (Japan Peace for
Vietnam Committee), Fifth Avenue Peace Parade Committee, Poor
People's Campaign, Students for a Democratic Society, and Vietnam
Moratorium Committee; project files including material relating to
Cuba Project, Culebra Project (Culebra, P.R.), Panama Project (Fort
Gulick, Canal Zone), and Phoenix and Vietnam projects; research
files providing information on black liberation, chemical and
biological warfare, draft resistance, human rights, nuclear
radiation, peace movements in other countries, and war tax
resistance; newsletters; press releases; statements of Quaker
yearly meetings in various cities; clippings; sound recordings; and
photos. Materials relating to the voyages of the Phoenix to North
and South Vietnam with medical supplies include correspondence of
the crews, clippings and scrapbooks, still photos, 16 mm. films
including Voyage of the Phoenix, North Vietnamese photos, and
mementoes of the trip.
Correspondents include Elizabeth J. Boardman, John Worth Braxton,
Harrison Butterworth, Horace Champney, Jerry D. Coffin, Christopher
Cowley, Phillip Drath, Robert Whittington Eaton, Roderick Ede, Ross
Flanagan, Nicola Geiger, Walton Geiger, Robert Horton, Donald
Kalish, George Lakey, Kenneth Lee, Samuel Legg, Robert E. Levering,
Bradford Lyttle, Ivan E. Massar, William R. Mimms, Roger Moody,
Beryl Herbert Nelson, Patricia Parkman, Earle L. Reynolds, Lawrence
Scott, Lynne Shivers, Glenn E. Smiley, Charles C. Walker, Emlyn
Warren, George Willoughby, J. Duncan Wood, and Carl P. Zietlow.
Litteratur eksempel: Resistance in Latin America. The Pentagon, the
Oligarchies & Nonviolent Action. Prepared by a Quaker Action
Group. [Collab.:] Elizabeth Campuzano, Jerry Coffin,
[a.o.].Elizabeth Campuzano, Jerry Coffin. - Philadelphia : National
Peace Literature Service, 1970 - 64 s. Se også: Quaker Action
and Relief for Vietnam War Victims, 1966
- Alabama Christian Movement for Human Rights, 1962
- American Brotherhood of Christians Congress
- American Christian Committee for Refugees, Inc.,
- American Christian Palestine Committee, 1952-1955
- American Clergymen's Committee for Vietnamese War Relief,
- American Committee for Christian German Refugees
- American Committee for Christian Refugees, Inc. 1940-1947
- American Committee for the Settlement of Jews in Birobidjan,
- American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists,
- American Council for Judaism Inc., 1944?--1961
- American Council of Christian Churches, 1954-1965
- American Council of Christian Laymen, 1953-1963
- American Federation for Polish Jews, 1944-?
- American Federation of Jews from Central Europe, Inc.,
- American Freedoms Council eller Catholic Council on Civil
- American Friends of Polish Jews, 1944-?
- American Friends Service
Committee (AFSC), herunder Disarmament Action Network, 1979
senere 1985 Peace Action, Inc., herunder Youth and Community
Violence Prevention Project
- American Friends War Problems Committee, 1940?-1945?
- American Jewish Committee, 1909-1943-? Se også: American
Jewish Year Book
- American Jewish Conference, 1943-?
- American Jewish Council to Aid Russian Rehabilitation,
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- American Jewish Labor Council, 1946-1947
- American Jewish League Against Communism, 1947-1962
- American PAX Association senere Pax Christi International
- American Prophetic League Inc.
- American Protestant Defense League
- American School of Christian Democracy
- American Unitarian Association, 1939-1946
- American Zionist Emergency Council, 1944-?
- Americans for Religious Liberty
- Amish kirkesamfundet
- Anglican Pacifist Fellowship, 1937-. Se: Episcopal Peace
- Anti-Defamation League, 1913-.
- Art of Peace Foundation -
- Associated Executive Committee of Friends on Indian Affairs
- Association of Jewish Refugees and Immigrants from Poland,
- Association of Yugoslav Jews in the United States, Inc.,
- Bahai Movement: National Spiritual Assembly
- Baptist Pacifist Fellowship,
1940? - nu Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America
- Bay Ridge Interfaith Peace Coaltion, New York
- Berkeley Area Interfaith Council
- Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists Social Justice
- Berkeley Free Church - The cult of liberation : the Berkeley
Free Church and the radical church movement, 1967-1972 (1978).
The covenant of peace, a liberation prayer book by the Free Church
of Berkeley (1971).
- Bethlehem Peace Pilgrimage, 1960-.
- Boston University, School of Theology
- Buddhist Peace Fellowship, 1978-. http://www.bpf.org/
- Buffalo Interfaith Network
- CA House, Cal Aggie Christian Association, Davis,
- Cambridge Interfaith Peace Council
- Caritas Internationalis
- Carolina Interfaith Task Force on Central America,
- Catholic Association for International Peace, 1928-1939
- Catholic Bishops Nuclear Freeze, 1982-1984
- Catholic Bishops Texas Tech, 1983-1985
- Catholic Church herunder National Catholic Welfare Conference -
War Relief Services 1942-1946
- Catholic Council on Civil Libertie, 1962?-?
- Catholic Diocese of El Paso Peace & Justice Ministries, El
- Catholic Laymen's Committee for Peace
- Catholic Peace Fellowship, 1935-?
- Catholic Peace Fellowship, 1965-.
- Catholics Against Capital Punishment
- Catholics for Peace and Justice, Tucson, AZ, 1982?-?
- Catholic Worker Movement, 1933-. Se også: Dorothy Day.
- Catholics Working Together to Foster Peace and Justice
- Central Bureau for Relief of Evangelical Churches of Europe
- Chicago Metropolitan Sanctuary Alliance, Chicago, Illinois
- Chicago Religious Task Force on Central America, 1984
- Christadelphians / Kristadelfianere.
Militærnægtere under første og anden
- Christian Anti-Communist Crusade, 1979-1985?
- Christian Arbitration and Peace Society, 1889?-1895? - Benjamin
Franklin Trueblood: Report to the executive board of the Christian
Arbitration and Peace Society; Oskaloosa, Iowa, July 3, 1891.
Arbitration and Peace Society; Annual Convention at Asbury Park
Attended by Many Persons. Ocean Grove, July 21. -- The Christian
Arbitration and Peace Society met here to-day in annual convention.
New York Times, July 22, 1894. Se også: Christian arbitrator
and messenger of peace, 1889-?
- Christian Association, 1857 – 2000 -
- Christian Conference on War and Peace 1943-?
- Christian Front
- Christian Mobilizers
- Christian Peace Conference, 1961-1970
- Christian Peacemaker Teams, 1984?-. - http://www.cpt.org
- Christian World Liberation Front - Jesus in Berkeley I1
og II http://www.archive.org/details/jesusinberkeley02heinrich
- Christians for Peace in El Salvador, Boston, MA, 1984-
- Christians for Urban Justice
- Church League of America
- Cincinnati Peace Team, Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center,
Cincinnati, OH, 1985 - http://ijpc-cincinnati.org/
- Church of the Brethren / Brødremenigheden, herunder -
Brethren Service Committee 1940-1958 og Central Bureau for European
Interchurch Aid, 1943?-? Se: Elizabethtown College Peace Pamphlet
- Church of God Peace Fellowship - http://www.peacechog.org/ - se
- Church of the Nazarene
- Church Peace Mission, 1950-1967
- Church Peace Union, 1914 nu Carnegie Council,
- Churches' Committee on Peace and Reversing the Arms Race,
- Churches for Middle East Peace, Washington, District of
- Churchmen's Committee for a Christian Peace 1942-1943
- Clergy and Laity Concerned, herunder Ecumenical Peace
- Clergy and Laity Concerned about
- Coalition Task Force on Women and Religion, 1975
- Commission for Racial Justice of the United Church of Christ,
- Committee for Reconstruction and Social Development, Unified
Buddhist Church of Vietnam, 1975
- Commission on Church and Social Services 1912-?
- Commission on Inter-Church Federations 1917, 1942
- Committee of Catholics for Human Rights, 1944-?
- Committee on the War and the Religious Outlook 1919-1920
- Community of Christ Peace and Justice Ministries, herunder
Community of Christ International Peace Award, 1993-.
- Connecticut Christian Peace Society, 1868-?
- Congregational Christian Churches 1887-1949, herunder
Congregational Christian Churches - Council for Social Action
- Congress of Racial Equality 1942-.
- Congress of Religious Liberals 1917-?
- Concerned Citizens For Church And Country, 1986
- Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries
- Council for Christian Associations 1925-?
- Council on Christian Approaches to Defense and Disarmament,
- Council on Peacemaking and Religion, Louisville, KY, 1983
- Cross and the Flag
- Crusaders for Americanism, Inc.
- Delaware Pacen in Terris, Wilmington, DE, 1985
- Dalai Lama Foundation, Redwood City, California
- Disciples Peace Fellowship, 1935-.
- Dorothy Day Catholic Worker House
- Ecumenical Peace Institute, Berkeley, CA, 1990
- Ecumenical Peace Project, Charleston, WV, 1985
- Ecumenical Program for Interamerican Communication and Action,
- Ecumenical Program on Central America and the Caribbean,
Washington, D.C., 1987
- Ecumenical Program on Cultural America, 1992-1995
- Ecumenical Trust Fund, 1974
- El Paso Inter-Religious Sponsoring Committee, 1982
- Emergency Committee to Save the Jewish People of Europe,
- Epsicopal Pacifist Fellowship nu
Episcopal Peace Fellowship, 1939-., herunder the
Society of Saint Francis, 1933-.
- Evangelical and Reformed Church Commission on Christian Social
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America -
- Faithful Security: The National Religious Partnership on the
Nuclear Weapons Danger, Nashville, TN, 2005-. - herunder American
Baptist Churches, USA, Conference of Major Superiors, of Men, The
Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Friends
Committee on National Legislation, The General Board of Church and
Society, United Methodist Church, The Islamic Society of North
America, Leadership Conference of Women Religious, Methodists
United for Peace with Justice, The National Council of Churches,
Pax Christi USA, The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism,
Sojourners/Call to Renewal og the Unitarian Universalist
Association of Congregations.
'On the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, and Nagasaki,
religious people from a variety of traditions came together and
formed a new group committed to building a world free of nuclear
weapons. The Churches’ Center for Theology and Public Policy
and the Fourth Freedom Forum committed to staffing this new
organization, and Rev. William Sloane Coffin provided the vision'.
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America og dennes
Commission on Peace and Arbitration samt Commission on
International Justice & Goodwill, 1914?-1929?
- Fellowship for a Christian Social Order, 1922?
- Fellowship of Faiths
- Fellowship of Reconciliation, Nyack, New York, herunder
Fellowship of Youth for Peace, the Youth Section of the Fellowship
of Reconciliation, 1928?
- Fellowship of Socialist Christians Senere Christian Action,
1931-1957. Arkiv: Columbia University Libraries, Union Theological
- Foundation for Religious Action in the Social and Civil Order,
- Fraternal Council of Negro Churches in America, 1944-1945?
- Fraternity on Universal Brotherhood, 1930-1932?
- Fremont Presbyterian Church Peacemaking Committee, Sacramento,
- Friends Committee on National Legislation Education Fund,
- Friends for a Non-Violent World, St. Paul, MN, 1991
- Friends International Peace Association, 1910-?
- Friends' Peace Committee eller Society of Friends Peace
Committee eller eller Friends Peace Committee of Philadelphia
Yearly Meeting, 1933- 1957. Se også London Friends Peace
Committee. Arkiv: Philadelphia yearly meeting of the religious
society of friends. Friends peace committee. A Finding Aid for its
Meeting Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of
- Friends: Friends' World Committee for Consultation,
- General Commission on Christian Unity and Interreligious
- Good Friday Peace and Justice Witness, Boston, 1961-.
- Herrnhuterne også kaldet Den mähriske eller den
Herrnhutiske Brødremenighed / Moravian Church
- The Huguenot Society of America 1883-. -
- In Defense of Sacred Lands, 1987
- Independent Jewish Committee, 1979
- Interfaith Assembly on Homelessness and Housing, 1986-1996
- Interfaith Center for Peace and Justice, Gettysburg, PA,
- Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility, 1976-1996
- Interfaith Center to Reverse the Arms Race, Pasadena, CA,
- Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace, 2003?-. -
- Interfaith Council for Peace and Justice, Ann Arbor,
- Interfaith Justice and Peace Center, Sylvania, OH, 1985
- Interfaith Peace Coalition: Charlottesville, Virginia,
- Interfaith Peace Network
- Interfaith Peace Resource Center, Bethlehem, PA, 1987
- Interfaith Peacemaking Resource Center of Utah, Salt Lake City,
- Interfaith Peacemakers Association, 1983
- Interfaith Resource Center for Peace and Justice, Wilkes-Barre,
- Interfaith Steering Committee for Israeli-Palestinian Peace,
Bethesda, MD, 1989
- Interfaith Voices for Peace and Justice
- International Committee for the Peace Council
- International Jewish Peace Union, 1994-1996
- International Religious Fellowship ,1941-1943
- International Society of Christian Endeavor, 1931?-?
- Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization, Inc.,
- Interreligious Task Force on Central America, Cleveland,
- Jehovah's Witnesses, 1879-.
- Jewish Agency Committee for the Jews of Occupied Europe,
- Jewish Agency for Palestine, 1944-1945?
- Jewish Committee on the Middle East, 1988-1994
- Jewish Coalition for a Peaceful World, Boston
- Jewish Council for Russia War Relief, 1944?-?
- Jewish Fund for Justice,1987-1994
- Jewish Identity Center
- Jewish Peace Fellowship, Nyack, NY, 1927-1946?
- Jewish Peace Fellowship, 1974-1996
- Jewish Peace Lobby, Silver Spring, MD, 1990-1996
- Jewish Voice for Peace, Oakland, CA, 2007 og Chicago - Dr.
Alice Rothchild, Jewish Voice for Peace, Boston part two of
interview with Dori Smith - Talk Nation Radio for August 6,
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice, 1995
- John Richard Lindgren Foundation for the Promotion of
International Peace and Christian Unity, 1916?-? - A working
conference on the union of American Methodism, Tuesday, Wednesday,
and Thursday, February fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen, nineteen
hundred and sixteen, Harris Hall, Northwestern University,
Evanston, Illinois (1916).
- Jonah House 1973-. http://www.jonahhouse.org/
- Kvækerne eller Vennernes
- Labor-Religion Coalition of New York State, 1980-. -
- Lancaster Interchurch Peace Witness -
- Lifebridge Foundation, Inc., New York, 1992-.
- Lutheran Peace Fellowship 1943-?
- Lutheran World Action 1949-?
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns, Washington DC
- Maryknoll Sisters Office of Social Concerns
- Mennonitter, herunder Mennonite
Central Committee (MCC) U.S., Peace and Justice Ministries og Peace
& Justice Committee of the Mennonite Church samt Mennonite
Central Committe Photograph Collection Civilian Public Service,
- Methodist Church Commission on World Peace, 1939-1958
- Methodist Federation for Social Action, 1974-1980
- Methodist Federation for Social Service (Action)
- Methodist Federation Fund, 1976
- Methodist League Against Communism, Fascism and Unpatriotic
- Methodist Peace Fellowship, 1974
- Ministers' No-War Committee, 1941-? Se også: Churchmen's
Campaign for Peace through Mediation, 1941
- Michigan Interfaith Committee on Central American Health
- Multifaith Voices for Peace and Justice
- Muslim Peace Coalition
- Muslim Peace Fellowship / Ansâr as-Salâm, 1994-. -
- National Committee on the Churches & World Peace, New York,
- National Committee on the Churches
and the Moral Aims of the War
- National Council of Churches
- National Conference of Catholic Bishops, 1974-1975
- National Conference of Christians and Jews, 1960-1966
- National Council of Jewish Women: Dept. of Peace,
- National Council of Federated Church Women: Joint Committee on
International Relations, 1932?-?
- New England Witness For Peace, 1983-.
- Nipponzan Myohoji Peace Pagoda
- Olive Branch Interfaith Peace Partnership
- Orthodox Peace Fellowship - Vietnam War?
- Orthodox Peace Fellowship, 1986-. -
- Oscar Romero Center for Christian Awareness, New York,
- Pax Christi USA, Erie, PA og Washington, DC, 1972-. -
- Peace Association of Friends in America, 1913-1922
- Peace Center of Christian Conference of Connecticut, Hartford,
- Peace Conspiracy, Springfield, Missouri, 1998-. -
- Peace Pagoda
- Peace Sabbath, Northwest Yearly Meeting of Friends
- Philadelphia Area Interfaith Peace Network
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Indian Committee of the Religious
Society of Friends (Quakers), 1745-.
- Pittsburgh Center for Peace. McKee's Rocks, PA, 1995
- Planetary Citizens, New York,
- Presbyterian Peace Fellowship, Stony Point, New York, 1944-.
også kaldet United Presbyterian Peace Fellowship
- Radical Jewish Union, 1970
- Religion and Labor Coalition
- Religions for Peace - International
- Religions for Peace - USA (tidligere The U.S. Conference of
Religions for Peace)
- Religious Society of Friends of Philadelphia & Vicinity:
Peace Committee, 1928-1932?
- Religious Task Force Coalition for Non-Nuclear World
- Religious Task Force Mobilization for Survival
- Salam Institute for Peace And Justice
- Seattle Religious Peace Action Coalition, Seattle, WA,
- Second Church in Newton Peace Corps
- Seventh Day Baptist Peace Fellowship
- Shalom Catholic Worker House, Kansas City, Kansas
- The Shalom Center, Philadelphia, 1983 -.
- Shalom Center, Pennsylvania
- Shalom Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1987
- Shalom Center, Tacoma, WA, 1983
- Sisters of Notre Dame Justice and Peace Office
- The Society for the Scientific Study of Religion, Boston MA, 1949-.
- Southern Christian Leadership Conference
- Stanley Foundation
- Talking Trees, Roots and Wings International, Boston,
- Third World Coalition of the American Friends Service
- Thomas Merton Center
- Unitarian Universalist Peace Fellowship, 1983-1991
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- United Church of Christ Just Peace Ministry og Peace
- United Methodist Church, Washington, DC - A will for peace:
peace action in the United Methodist Church : a history / Herman
Will. General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist
Church, 1984 - 279 pp.
- University Christian Movement in New England
- William Penn House, Washington
- World Alliance for International Friendship through the
Churches, New York , - Building international goodwill (1927)
- World Conference on Religion and Peace
- World Peace Mission, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Youth Ministries for Peace and Justice (YMPJ), New York
- Se også: Bibelbæltet ;
historiske fredskirker ; Swarthmore
College Peace Collection USA: Aktuelle
Terp, Holger: Peace in
Terp, Holger: Goliath vs
Burr, Nelson R.: A Critical Bibliography Of Religion In America
Worcester Catholics arrested for anti-war prayer guilty on one
count, not guilty on another (2008).
The Amish: History in the U.S. and Canada: 1700 to now, 2004..
Principles For Peace Selections From Papal Documents Leo XIII To
Pius XII (1943).
Eshleman, Henry Frank: Historic background and annals of the Swiss
and German pioneer settlers of southeastern Pennsylvania, and of
their remote ancestors, from the middle of the dark ages, down to
the time of the revolutionary war; an authentic history, from
original sources ... with particular reference to the German-Swiss
Mennonites or Anabaptists, the Amish and other nonresistant sects
Voodoo tales, as told among the negroes of the South-west. - New
York, London, G. P. Putnam's sons : 1893. - 344 s.
History of the Catholic Church in the United States (1886).
- Brødremenigheden i USA - Litteratur: -
Malin, William Gunn: Catalogue of books relating to, or
illustrating the history of the Unitas fratrum, or United brethren,
as established in Bohemia and Moravia by followers of John Huss,
overthrown and exiled by Ferdinand II., of Austria, renewed and
reorganized under the auspices of Count Zinzendorf, and now
generally known as the Moravian church.
- Philadelphia, Collins, printer, 1881. - 206 s.
Introduction signed: Wm. Gunn Malin
Appendix: I. Ziska, leader of the Hussites.--II. The Bohemian
Bible.---III. Act of 22d of George II., in favor of the Brethren,
with the debates of Parliament in relation to it.
Hamilton, John Taylor.A history of the church known as the Moravian
church, or, The Unitas fratrum, or, The Unity of the brethren,
during the eighteenth and ninteenth centuries.
- Bethlehem, Pa. : Times Publishing Company, Printers, 1900. - 760
Clewell, John Henry: History of Wachovia in North Carolina; the
Unitas fratrum or Moravian church in North Carolina during a
century and a half, 1752-1902.
- New York : Doubleday, Page & company, 1902. - 426 s.
Memorials of the Moravian church.
- Philadelphia : J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1870. - 392 s.
Introduction.--Count Zinzendorf's observations on the North
American Indians.--A narrative of his journey among the
Delawares.--His narrative of a visitation to the mission among the
Mohicans of New York.--His narrative of a journey to the
Susquehanna.--J. Martin Mack's narrative of Count Zinzendorf's
sojourn among the Shawanese of Wyoming.--Count Zinzendorf's review
of his experience among the North American Indians.--Count
Zinzendorf's plan of the Moravian mission among the Indians.--Names
and notices of the Christian Indians who lie buried in the Moravian
grave-yard at Bethlehem, Pa.--Annals of early Moravian settlement
in Georgia and Pennsylvania.--The accounts of the Moravian brethren
at Bethlehem, Pa., with the commissioners of the province of
Pennsylvania, during the Indian war of 1755 and 1756.
Diary of David Zeisberger, a Moravian missionary among the Indians
of Ohio. I-II.
- Cincinnati : R. Clarke for the Historical and Philosophical
Society of Ohio, 1895. - 518+554 s.
- http://archive.org/details/cihm_26311 , og
; Original issued in series: Historical and Philosophical Society
of Ohio. New series ; v. 2
The history of the Moravian mission among the Indians of North
America [microform] : from its commencement to the present time,
with a preliminary account of the Indians (1838).
Attributed to George Henry Loskiel--National Union Catalog,
The missionary gazetteer : comprising a geographical and
statistical account of the various stations of the church, London,
Moravian, Wesleyan, Baptist, and American, missionary societies,
&c. & c. &c. with their progress in evangelization and
eller søg i Fredsakademiet.dk